Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure
According to world Travel and Tourism Council (1997) the economies of 21st Century will be dominated by three sectors namely- telecommunications, information technology and tourism.
The travel and tourism industry has grown 500% in the last 25 years. This in turn influences development of hospitality, Entertainment and Destination Ventures throughout the world.
- A 5000 years history, culture, diverse geography fascinate both budget and luxury travelers alike.
- Focus of the Industry is the dictum ,” Athithi Devo Bhava” – Guest is God that is distinctly Indian and without parallel.
- The Industry has performed well in the past three years despite slow growth at the beginning of the millennium.
- Indian Tourism Industry has out performed the global tourism industry in terms of growth in volume of traffic.
- World Travel and Tourism Council; (WTTC) has named India along with China as one of the fastest growing tourism industries in the world for the next 10 to 15 years.